The Lesbian Lion

Project #25 : Shaggy Hip Dress

I really like the idea of emphasizing the hip area, because no matter what.. Girls look better with curves (but let's not get too crazy!) I've done a dress in the past (Project #15) where I tried to make the hips puff out. My sister really liked the idea and it made her silhouette more voluptuous(?).

So, I wanted to try something of the same idea, but put a little spin on it, because I like to give new takes to things. I thought it might be interesting to try to have fabric just hanging around on the side area of the hips, and if put in the right spots and sewn in correctly, could be a pretty accent, interesting, but also give the feel of a more curvy silhouette.

I have great fabric, though see-through, that I think is interesting, and it also is great for draping, light, and flows. I think the see-through(ness) of it is also interesting because you can do what you want underneath.. Pair it with jeans and a white top, try a tank top dress, or if you really want, nothing.

I also may add lace on top of it, we'll see how I think it looks.

Here's what I'm going for :

I'm also very into more rounded necks right now.. and almost off the shoulder, but not. And I thought a cute crop sleeve would be appropriate.

We'll see how it turns out!