The Lesbian Lion

Project 4: Pleated High-Waist Polka Dot Dress

What are these names? Well, it's time for my 4th project! I really think I'm going to have fun with this. This design is an earlier one of mine and is based on a challenge one of my friends gave me a while back. It was to make a design based on two Mario characters. I thought it was fun, and I thought this design could work, so I'm going with it, and actually creating it. I'll be making the dress portion. This is obviously based on the character, Toad.

I think this will definitely be the most technical thing I've tried to pull off, but I'm excited about it. I'm going to try to craft it really nicely too, so.. It might take me a little longer.

Anyway, a continuation of the last entry, my sister came by yesterday. The small jacket (Project #2), fit well.. Except for the side panels.. Which is pretty much the most important part. She loved it, so I might try to extend the front to fit a little better. She also loved the lace shirt, but, once again, it was too small. I swear, one day I'll get it.

I really think with this dress, I can make it fit.. And I'm definitely adding a zipper in the back to make sure of it, as well as putting the mannequin's measurements up a little bit since I make everything too small.

So, the materials I'll be using are:
- Large Red Polka Dot White Cotton Fabric
- Navy Bellagio Linen/Rayon Fabric
- A Zipper (Not sure of the length yet.. Still need to do measurements and pick it up)

So, I'll be getting to work now. I know it's an interesting choice, but it should be fun.