The Lesbian Lion

Project #1: Side Track Button-Back Doll Dress

First off, I should mention that I'm mostly designing these clothes in the hopes that someone can wear it. Currently, I am using my sister's measurements and creating them virtually for her, but would like to branch out to more people if given the opportunity. The only dress form I have is a petite size, and could possibly get a size 6 at the biggest out of it, but that's about it. I don't think I'll be using patterns at all when making the garments, I'm thinking more working with my mannequin and many, many pins to do the trick.

Anyway, project #1 is going to be what I've called the "Side Track Button-Back Doll Dress." The rhyming wasn't intentional, and I didn't even realize it did until I typed it. That could use some work.. I've attached a picture of the design in which I hope to create.

The fabrics and notions I'm using are:
- Hammered Pale Gray Satin Fabric
- 2" Scalloped Black Beaded Lace Trimming
- 9/16" Jet Black Orla Buttons

The fabric is extremely shiny and not exactly what I expected, though I'm not sure what I was thinking.. It is satin. But we'll see what I can make of it. It probably would have been a nice New Year's Eve dress, but, of course.. I'm a little late.

Oh, and you see that tracking of lines on the side? I plan on during that with a sewing machine, black thread, and a steady hand. Doomed.

Here goes the start of it all, wish me luck!