The Lesbian Lion

Go Bold This Fall: Shorts That Make a Statement

Go Bold This Fall: Shorts That Make a Statement. First of all, I just want to say that I'm wearing white after Labor Day and the fashion police didn't show up at my door, so I'm chalking that little fashion faux-pas to BS. Second, I'm insanely in love with these shorts! How could you not be? They're fun, bold, comfortable, and add such a loud pop of color and interest to outfits! Loveeee ittt! (Do the extra letters further show my excitement?)

To wear shorts like this you definitely want to keep the rest of the outfit relatively simple. Like I did here, a crisp white blazer and top provide the perfect contrast to that bold, blue print. As we get further and further into fall you can wear this with a plain sweater and a statement necklace, or a heavier blazer! I'm a big fan of neutrals here because I don't like to feel like my outfit is overwhelming--I still want people to see me. But if you want to pair bold with bold, all the power to ya!

I also didn't want the outfit to feel to plain from the waist up and I think without any accessories this look feels really unfinished. So, as every girl should, I went straight for the sparkly stuff! This jeweled statement necklace and bracelets really glam up the look (obviously what we're all about here, hence the name!) and balances out the wildness that is my shorts.

---

When I first saw these shorts, I walked past them. I thought they were so cool, so fresh, but so not me. Yes, I was intimidated by a pair of shorts. But after I had seen everything else in the store I finally decided to put on my big girl pants and try these babies on. I'm so glad I did! Bold prints like this are totally out of my comfort zone--as you've seen, I never wear them. I rarely ever wear printed shorts at all! But taking that step to try something new was a big deal for me, one that obviously paid off! So I really encourage you to try new things this fall, mix up your look, and maybe even go for that pair of shocking shorts!

Blazer & Top: Forever 21, Shorts & Necklace: H&M, Shoes: Steve Madden

Shop the Look:

If you followed The Urban Lioness on Bloglovin, please follow A Touch of Glam to keep getting updates! Bloglovin required me to create a new account due to the blog's new address so make sure to follow here!

Thanks for reading!