The Lesbian Lion

Black & Gold // A Word on Body-Concious Dresses

A Classic: Black & Gold. Betcha didn't think bodycon dresses could be classy! Or maybe you did and you're one of the rare breeds who has beat me to seeing this potential and props to you, you get bonus points. (I bet you didn't write a post about it though...right?)

Bodycon dresses, in my opinion, are something you love or you hate. You probably love them if you can fit into them and look awesome or you have a thing about showing off the goods a little too much. You probably hate them if you don't like sucking it in, feeling like you shouldn't eat... that list can go on.

I have mixed feelings about them... I like them when there's an element of class to them. I think they can make a woman's body look really fantastic when they're worn correctly, but I also really loathe seeing orange girls walking around with their cleavage spilling over and material barely (if you're lucky) covering their tushes--who really wants to see that? And who doesn't want to yell "YOU KNOW YOU DON'T LOOK HOT RIGHT?!" but most of us manage to contain ourselves.

Anyway, back to my love-hate relationship.

What really got me to dig this dress was that while its quite tight (basically I always feel like everyone's staring at my ass), I love that it's fairly conservative for the rest of it. It's not too short, it's not cut too low, and there are sleeves which seem to balance the rest out. I think that's the key to wearing dresses like this: balance.

For good measure, I wore my pretty, ladylike heels and a blazer with black accents over the dress. I think blazers work really well with dresses like this, classing them up a bit, but there are lots of options. Bodycon dresses are unbelievably awesome for layering--I'm considering them a must-have for Fall--so wear them with tights, denim jackets, leather jackets, cardigans, sweaters, sweatshirts... you name it, it'll probably work!

So ladies, go ahead and wear your bodycon dresses. Let those curves be accentuated and let those long legs shine--but don't go classless on me. Cover up on top, throw a blazer or a jacket over it, a blanket, a tarp... whatever. This way you will look completely amazing and presentable and I won't feel like I need to yell out at you in public!

What do you think of bodycon dresses?

Dress, Bracelets, Necklace & Bag: Forever 21, Blazer: Charlotte Russe, Watch: ShoeDazzle

Get the Look:

If you followed The Urban Lioness on Bloglovin, please follow A Touch of Glam to keep getting updates!
Bloglovin required me to create a new account due to the blog's new address so make sure to follow here!