The Lesbian Lion

Black, White, & Canary All Over

Black, White, & Canary All Over. You may remember this skirt from one of my very first posts "Pretty Little Pleats". I love this skirt so much and was disappointed to find that it's too big! Luckily, I had the perfect belt to go along with this look. As I've had this skirt awhile now, I wanted to refresh the look and give it new life. The black belt with gold details provides an unexpected and bold contrast to this fun floral skirt and the black is carried throughout the look with black suede pumps and a black and gold statement necklace. I really love the little details of this H&M blouse, the slightly sheer chiffon piece on top and the unique hemline really make the piece feminine and perfect for showcasing statement necklaces!

On a side note, I have exciting news! For the very first time in 2 years, I'm 100% pain free today! It's such an amazing feeling and I just had to share it with all of you. As you may know, I've been fighting to control my Fibromyalgia for awhile now and I can't believe it's finally begun to pay off! It's such an incredible feeling to just feel, well, normal and I hope none of you ever take it for granted because feeling and being healthy is an extraordinary thing.

How to Refresh Your Old Pieces:

Pick a contrasting color like I did with the black accessories in this look. It goes without saying that by altering your accessories, the look and feel of your outfit changes. But by taking this one step further with a striking belt or bag or blouse, your outfit becomes more dynamic. You become more excited about it again. You test yourself to come up with a new and creative way to wear that favorite skirt or shirt, and you completely liven up your look. And, if all else fails, a killer pair of shoes will always do the trick.

Top: H&M
Skirt: American Eagle
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Forever 21

Thanks so much for reading!

Don't forget to enter The Urban Lioness's
GUESS bag giveaway here!