The Lesbian Lion

A Little Self-Empowerment…

Today is a beautiful day, because of this wonderful weather and even more so because I made a decision last night. Half-way through my workout I got shooting pain and aching in my back and hips, nothing new, and I almost quit to go lie on my hot packs and take pointless ibuprofen. But I didn't. I sat down and closed my eyes for a few moments, willing that pain away. And to my amazement... it stopped. Whether it was from my little focus-session or from merely sitting down, it was gone for the time being. That was when I decided I'm not going to let this Fibromyalgia, the pain and its other debilitating symptoms, control me anymore. Not a second longer.

Wishing and just hoping the negative pieces of your life will change doesn't change them. There will always be obstacles you must face, more will emerge when others are passed. What will change those negatives is your attitude and your determination to overcome those challenges. Today I'm going to take a stand in my own life and I hope you will do the same in yours.

I will not plan my schedule around it anymore, I will not make sure there's time to lie down or leave time to be upset about it. It will not define me and I will not be held back by it a second longer. So, this is my challenge to you: let go of whatever it is holding you down. Let go of self-defeating thoughts, negative actions, poisonous relationships, pain or disease. Wish and hope for other things, not these obstacles that can't even limit you. You're stronger than what controls you.
Let it go and let yourself live.







Thanks so much for reading. If you'd like to, please follow The Urban Lioness on Bloglovin &Facebook for post updates!