The Lesbian Lion

Inspiration Menswear

Well, after a weekend of no computer I am back. I managed to fix my laptop with a little help from google and caught up on my magazine reading. So new looks for the coming seasons are fresh in my mind. There are the usual trends flagged, and really Tartan again? I swear that they say Tartan is coming back every single year, you go back over your magazines and tell me I am wrong.

One trend that has been on my radar for a while, and as far as I am concerned never really goes away, is "Menswear Inspired". Have you noticed that the boys are working some great looks at the moment? I have, and have picked some of the best bits to steal for yourself.

How wonderful is this look, a chunky knit, soft shirt with a cravat for extra colour and style. Chic, put together but also comfortable and cosy, perfect for weekends.

Here is Quite Continental, who does these looks so very well.

Tailoring is the secret, sharp colours, cleans lines and your own stamp with a personal item. Men's watches are all I wear and this one is fabulous, think about a new watch strap to change up an old favourite. I have my eye on this beauty below and I do have a big birthday coming up....hint to the Captain.

Vintage Rolex via the Gilt Group.

Harpers Bazaar

Roll them up ladies, or for us shorties a nice clean hem to ankle length (a cuff can make your legs look shorter), are looking fresh now. Wear with a good shoe, Oxford, Saddle or Loafers work well and remember a good polish does wonders. If you really need a heel, lucky for you these styles also come with a good block heel for us girls.

Now I do love the look of a tie but I do feel it is best left to the smaller boobed of us as a high neckline really does us with bigger boobs no favours. It is worth a try though, so give it a go and see how you feel.

Below are a few ladies who are doing this look with style.

Leelee Sobieski at the CFDA awards in Adam Kimmel. Note the high waist pant to give it a feminine edge.

Bee from Atlantic Pacific looks amazing in this colourful, layered look. Note the chunky pearls and red lips for her personal stamp on this.

This look form The Sartorialist has a retro feel, but if taken apart is all modern pieces.

This lady looks amazing in this very chic summer look, I want it all. Image from Edelweiss By Sarah and a book called Elegance which I have yet to track down.

This look is a bit more feminine with softer tailoring and lines but can be worn now, because lets be honest I am not going to get to try any of these looks for a few months yet. Remember to pull the waist in to give you some shape and then let loose with the accessories to make this look your own.

So will you be giving this trend a go or having you been doing this look for years? What do you think girls, is this a do for Autumn?

I hope you are all enjoying the August heat, it has got hotter here in the past week, so autumn feels very far away but a girl can plan right.

Happy Monday gang. ax